Monday, March 28, 2005

Aster the Snowflake!

In case you missed it (I did), the official mascot of the 2006 Winter Paralympics was unveiled earlier this month. Meet Aster! Apparently, he "comes directly from the sky, to represent, with his warm smile, the sports of the disabled." I laugh every time I look at the picture of this guy. If that was the idea, then well done, TOROC.

Whoa, I just discovered that there's a Windows Media video of Aster too! (highspeed) (dialup)

In other news, yesterday I completed a trifecta of third-place finishes at nationals with a bronze in the slalom. Sure, I had been hoping to move up a spot or two, but I skied two totally solid runs so I'm not really disappointed with the race at all. Chris won yet again, and Tyler took second. I made it into the Vail paper again with a pretty nice photo accompanying their story on the slalom race.

Here's the U.S. Ski Team's report on Saturday's GS. (They're a day or so behind in posting these.)

No comments: