Tuesday, December 14, 2004

obligatory late-night post

It's been a long day and I feel like going to bed now, but I would feel like a delinquent if I did that before posting something, since it's been a few days and I promised Abby I would write something today.

Nearly everyone did a little worse than usual on all their max tests at the Olympic Training Center — but what do you expect when testing is scheduled for the day after a 9-day on-snow camp with no rest days? Considering the circumstances, my tests went well. Today on the Wingate Test, my peak and average power were down a little but my rate of fatigue improved a bit from September. While I was doing my Wingate in the OTC's Sports Science building, a group of school kids on a field trip stopped in the hall outside and watched us through the windows. We made some jokes about feeling like zoo animals, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy getting to show off a little bit.

This afternoon I gave George a ride home to Winter Park and he told me how he broke the stationary bike during his Wingate Test. He was pretty proud of that.

No comments: