Thursday, February 16, 2006

morning post, for a change

Today at nationals we're racing what's currently my best event, slalom. I know I'm capable of winning, but I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself. Whatever happens, I found out yesterday that I'll be racing in all four events at the Paralympics, so that's a load off my mind. I'm going to just go up there and try to have fun on the slalom course and let myself go. I've got nothing to lose and plenty to win.

In yesterday's downhill I took fourth. I was hoping for a podium, but I just couldn't catch Bramble (who is untouchable in downhill), Joe (who has almost a 100-pound advantage over me in a very flat course), and Chris (who I beat in training, but he's the smartest racer out there when it comes to figuring out how to get every last hundredth out of a course). I felt pretty OK about it.

No comments: