Monday, January 02, 2006

Park City, day 4

It's been dumping here on and off for the past few days, and the freeskiing has been fantastic. That's not so great for the races, though. We're supposed to race slalom tomorrow and GS the next two days, but it will take a big effort from the organizers to get the race hill into good shape, especially if it keeps snowing.

I just got back from seeing the Jim Carrey vehicle Fun With Dick & Jane. I'm not sure what to say other than that it was an agreeable way to pass two hours. The title made me start thinking about the original Dick & Jane's dog, Spot, and why it is that I've never met a dog that is named any of the stereotypical dog names: Spot, Rover, or Fido. I think I ever get a dog I will call it by one of those names, just so people will say, "Honestly? He's really named that?"

No comments: