Then, sometime in the '90s, some meddling indie rocker had the harebrained idea of naming his band after a different place than the place they actually came from. If you ask me, this is just a recipe for disaster. Recently, this disturbing trend seems to be ramping up. Look at the situation they've gotten us into:
- Illinois is from Pennsylvania.
- I'm From Barcelona is from Sweden.
- Beirut is from Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Calexico is from Tucson, Arizona.
- Manitoba is from Ontario.
- Of Montreal is from Georgia.